Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Yoga

45 minutes of Vinyasa Yoga at home. Feel open throughout the body and free of tension. My hips, sacrum, back, shoulders, neck, calves and hamstrings feel opened and my legs and arms feel like they recieve a strong workout. this workout was especially important due to my bad nights sleep which made me feel tight and a hard workout yesterday that mad me feel tight.

Note, the home practice requires much more discipline and attention to detail than a group class. One, there is no visual aid so you have to listen to the cues and know your poses and two, there is no one to watch over you or force you to complete the workout.

Do Yoga, it is a good for you :-)

4 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Yoga, shmoga!

I don't like it....probably because I suck at it!

Hope you are well Joe!

Joe Sarti said...

You are too funny. You have a great yoga instructor in your family ;-) and that Ashtanga yoga is a heck of a workout to boot.

Life is well Franz and I hope the same for you. I will be see our friend Ken this week for a little pow wow and information exchange.

Hope you and Yo are fantastic as usual. Thank you for sharing all your insights/experiences on your blog.

Peace my friend

jen-shaktifit said...

YAY! ITS ABOUT TIME SOMEONE REPRESENTS YOGA! I believe Xtreme training MUST be balanced with "working in" Yoga is a perfect marriage to kettlebells...
Home practice is even better, more focus on yourself, your own breath and the healing process.
You in San Diego? come check out my yoga classes sometime.

Good for you,
jen

Joe Sarti said...

HI Jen

No Iam in the bay but I am glad to hear you have a similar philospohy on the marriage of Yoga and KB's. I just have to say I feel the are a perfect compliment for my body and I am very pleased with the effects of the combination.

When I come down to your neck of the woods I will make sure to pop in for a class.

thank you and keep in touch