Monday, October 01, 2007

Deads, Pull-ups and Presses

Neurological efficieny and effectiveness. The foundation for movement?

Todays workout

Superset of weighted pull-ups and Presses

Pullups
BW/5x1
10k/5x1
20k/3x1
30k/3x2
30k/2x2

Strong first pulls and subsequent reps went well. Must engage the lats more effectively.

Presses
24/5/5x2
28/5/5x5

These felt like butter, just moved nice, fluid, effective and efficient motion. the submax efforts are truly paying high dividends as evident in my 40k press day.

Deadlift
135/3x1
185/3x1
225/4x1
275/2x1
315/2x1

378/1x10 (approx 30+ seconds rest between sets)

Really pulled these like I owned the bar. As Rif stated I had my best pull on my last pull, always a personal goal....finish strong, finish my best. The groove was solid and just need to 'lean back' to finish my pull. I was not finishing my hips well and the reason is due to a compensation I made for shrugging the bar. I overcompensated by not 'pulling my shoulders back' at the top of the move. Once this was situated I felt the groove come together.

Great workout. Nice progressive day and I feel like I could have done more, and that is always a good way to finish a strong, hard workout...like you have some left in the tank.

No comments: