Sunday, February 17, 2008

Living Creatively

"Listen to your inner callings, ignore how others might want to direct your life energies, and allow yourself to radiate outward what you feel so profoundly and deeply within you. There is a reservoir of talent, ability, and intelligence inside of you that's as endless and inexhaustible as the Tao itself. It must be that way, because you are what you came from, and where you came from is this all-encompassing, endlessly creative Divine Mother, the mysterious feminine of the Tao."

"Whatever you feel within you as your calling-whatever makes you feel alive-know in your heart that this excitement is all the evidence you need to have your inner passion become reality. Whatever you feel compelled to do"-be it train others, competing professional, own a business, etc.-"do it with your unique flair. Being creative means trusting your inner calling-ignoring criticism or judgement, and releasing resistance to your natural talents. Choose to let go of the doubt and fear you've harbored within you regarding your capacity to harmonize with the creative power-a power that's not only greater than your individual life, but is life itself."

This writing is from Dr. Wayne Dyers book, Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life. This is from the 6th Verse of the Tao Te Ching created by Lao tzu which Dr. Dyer calls Living Creatively.

This summary, these words have many different context, meaning to us all. For me it works as an affirmation of the path I am on. It confirms, reaffirms, focuses, clarifies, creates compassion for myself, my being that daily I awake being able to live the life I choose, live my passions and radiate my energy. I must say that this approach, living in this context as stated above makes me feel alive, feel free, feel energized, feel creative, feel myself and be in touch with others and realize my place in this world, in this life. Living this way provides perspective, makes me feel humble and grateful to have the opportunity to do what I so know is my calling.

I encourage you to read this and look at the words, look at the words in context to your life and ask yourself questions. The exercise of doing this practice alone is rewarding.

No comments: