Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Clean and Press & Snatches

This is a new strategy and approach bring the 2 big moves together. I like the idea and I am curious to see how it will play out as I move through the workouts.

2kb Clean and Press
24/5/5x2 warm-up
32/5/5x5

Not a smooth as say the 24kg, but the strength is there as well as the power. I just have to learn the feel.
Next week I will do a single 40kg and the following week doubles again.

Snatch
40/3/3x4

Left side felt great but had trouble with my right side due to lack of grip strength. because of this I did not have the fluidity like I do with the 32. Again, I have not snatched this bell in a few weeks so a bit rusty.

One thing about Kbs is there is a big difference between doubles and a big difference when moving up in weight. A bit of a learning curve to say the least. But again for me the power, the snap, the strength, the technique is built in and available, just have a bit of a learning curve to bringing all together.

All I feel really strong about this day and it was great to train with my friend Tim Dymmel.

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

double 32's for five....damn man!

I need to get on your training program :)

Joe Sarti said...

LOL, thanks man! Continue to progress at a nice steady pace and finding balance and peace with my training process and progress. :-)